Sunday, May 1, 2011

Koninggenndag. Dipenven, 30 April 2011

Queen's Day or the Dutch would say Koninginnedag is a public holiday where all people in all the province of The Kingdom of Netherlands celebrate the Queens birthday in the streets with various festivities and a free Market (well, it is not totally free actually for a stand in Dipenven (just in the border of Deventer where I live) you would have to pay 25 euros for having a single stand which includes a tent) but for dutch people its considered as free knowing the fact that the tax rate are excessively high for every sales and services within the country. 

All sorts of things are being sold that day, you can almost find anything like home appliances, kitchen ware, clothing, accessories, and lots of other goods old and new with a reasonable price, besides that the good thing about this free market is that it is possible to bargain, (well at least some, hhe) I managed to get a couple of great deals; an LCD screen camera protector, it usually will cost me for 9-10 euros but i managed to bargain it for only 6 ngeee :DD 

I also bought this on the way, a new pair of vintage tulip ear ring,  it only costed me 50 cent :))

That day most people were wearing orange attributes and clothings to honor Queen Wilhelmina, but since i had no orange in my wardrobe i went to pick a theme of the Dutch flag red white and blue.





And another thing I took home was a pair of second hand blue and white hand made vintage leather dancing oxford shoes, and these were awesome!! I bought them for only 4 Euros and i didn't have to bargain for it :DD, what I like the most about the things i bought yesterday was they were all still in good conditions. (well it also depends on how you see the details but, for me good things doesn't always have to come expensive, :p) <3 <3



I think they just look fabulously classic! the details and the craftmenship worthed much more i think.


The last thing i picked up that day was a nude color Knitwear, and it didn't cost me that much either, believe it or not I only had to pay 2,5 euro. super cheap!




These are some ideas of how I could wear them, match it up with an autumn floral skirt and a unique ivory necklace or... 


 Wear it with an outer wear (fur vest i got from my BF sent from Korea for a valentines gift) and a leather high waist belt.  

Happy Birthday Queen Wilhelmina!

No comments:

Post a Comment