Monday, December 27, 2010

"Fussing about the Weather"

Christmas is over; along with it the weather is getting warmer in Deventer, its 1°C outside. I felt the snow melting through my footsteps as I walk along the wide lane of paving along Rubbensstraat towards my beloved student housing.

Frankly, I personally, unconsciously often use weather as an excuse:


* OMG, it’s too hot outside I’d rather stay home than having sun burns.
* OMG it’s so cold, I think I might do the groceries tomorrow.
*OMG, it’s raining, I think I might wait for a while after the rain stops (or maybe just stay at home).
*OMG, There goes the snow, I hate the snow! I’d rather be in my blanky..


(Dear God, Please forgive me for I’ve been complaining too much recently, I know I’m such a fuss, but I’ve been falling of my bike because of the snow, GOSH I need to improve my biking skills!)


And that’s how I started to get this bad habit of procrastinating sometimes (well most of the times, but no really). You see, I tend to lose focus sometimes on certain things because of the un-conducive conditions like weather, lack of motivation or ideas, or just simply running out of inspirations. I have this mind set of priorities to be done but eventually ended up in doing other things that I mostly like and more feasible (according from my POV, which I consider less urgent) to be done. Like these couple of few days, I had a bunch of new stories to be posted but I was just way too unfocused to get my fingers on the board and ended up in doing something else (which is cleaning up my supper horribly messy room-I’ve been busy with my assignments, never ending reports, and continuous Christmas invitations). But I did end up in having all of them accomplished =D (well of course with having my first plan STILL being abandoned; BUT-OMG-I-SO-NEED-TO-WORK-HARD-ON- IT-LIKE-SOON!! =!)

Yesterday night a really good friend of mine (Adit) just called me to let me know that he was at IKEA, Amersfoort and asked if I apparently needed anything he could get there. So after a while he took some snapshots of some stuff sent it via Blackberry messenger. So he ended up transporting me this wooden IKEA bookshelf which I casted into a multifunctional rack. (I actually needed a shoe rack very much but it turned out that it was very functional, hha). I eventually got motivated to DO my room after knowing that it would arrive soon. Finally it came!! =))

My friends Adit and Adibah helped me to assemble the 2m high wooden rack, since I was busy making dinner and after seeing me pathetically fail in assembling the first two pieces (-________-). Well at first they kind of found it hard since we don’t have household carpenter gadgets such as what we call “a hammer”(BA), but eventually they found a way. It seems like “my heels” are very useful. =p


2 comments:

  1. itu rak buku...bukan rak sepatu..!!!ahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why its "multifunctional"!! X))
    great job!! I SOoooo LOVE IT!! now I have a home for my heels.. couldnt have done it without you!! dankjeweeeell!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete