Tuesday, December 28, 2010

" LADY GAGA" in Deventer



I need some new stilettos
Can't walk down the street in those
You are who you wear it's true


A girl's just as hot as the shoes she choose
Fashion put it all on me
Don't you want to see these clothes on me?
Fashion put it all on me
I am anyone you want me to be

(Lady Gaga - Fashion)


Over 300.000.000 viewers on YouTube Lady Gaga has become a trend in the music industry around the world. This Super pop star had always tried to show all her best to please her little monsters. Nowadays it seems like the weirder you get the better you achieve. Well maybe it implies on the old saying by Meredith West 

“If you want to stand out, don't be different; be outstanding.” 

And I do reckon that Lady Gaga, not just different, she also has the quality of being outstanding (well a part from the illuminati thing going on) but let’s just skip that part and just stick to her achievements. 



Apart from her music, what I found interesting about this Lady is her sense of fashion. Well, I think it’s more than just fashion; I call some of the costumes she wears as “pieces of art”. She really wants to show her character by her physical appearance, how she interprets herself by the art fashion that she promotes. It’s also one of the thing that keeps her interesting, people will always be curious of what she’ll wear on her next video clip or performances.


Today’s writing I’m going to tell a little story during my Christmas Eve celebration. This year’s Christmas I was invited by Paul’s (A really nice friend of mine) Host family Leslie and Hinke Luiten, to join them on a Dutch Christmas celebration. Hinke Luiten is a well-known Artist in Deventer-NL. I was very surprised to see her collection of wearable pieces of art in her living room. She had one just near her front window made of unused CD’s and it struck directly in my mind of Lady Gaga’s Disco Ball dress she wore on a couple of her live performances. 


Hinke Luiten and I

I was really amazed by her very unique and unusual work. She utilized recycled materials such as unused CD’s, bicycle inner tubes, toys, footballs, tin lids, telephone cord, belts, buttons, postbags, bottle caps, computer keyboard along with the mouse, coins, surgical gloves, keys, plastics, and anything unusual you can think of. I got really excited that time to see all these wonderful design, they’re truly a very neat craftsmanship and just so finely made. She enthusiastically showed all her designs to us from movies, pictures, and she even brought us to her workshop room to see hundreds of art pieces she made from the past 18 years.


Ms. Liana Bratasida (Assistant Minister for Global Environmental Affairs, Indonesia and former Chair, SBI, UNFCCC) and Helena Molin of Valdes

She bewitched the ready-to-throw-away materials into pieces of wearable art that are sold to public and available to be rented for window shop display or exhibitions. Somehow she also contributed to save the environment; she implemented the “reuse and recycle” phrase which I consider magnificent. It reminds me of the time I attended one of a side event in the UNFCCC COP-16 in Cancun Mexico about youth as a change agent in fighting Climate Change. Helena Molin a young girl from Valdes was wearing a dress she made out of Magazines she recycled as her project. These things are such inspirational. Sometimes I think it takes more than just “brands” to be outstandingly different. It takes a good sense of concept and a passion itself to pull it off. Cheers!! =D



For more info about Hinke Luiten check out:

4 comments:

  1. great post, keep writing! (sounds standard, huh?) I'm sorry, I appreciate much your post, but first of all I don't keep up with the fashion, movie, song -- in short, pop culture -- updates. I just knew who Lady Gaga is from some magazines I read in Indonesia. But I do appreciate Luiten's work in recycled stuffs; even it stuns a person who gives a damn on art gallery like me ^_^. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing, keep it up! Yeah, Lady Gaga does have strong, very bold sense of style - a little absurd at times but very unique.

    Great blog, rock on! XD
    Please check mine out too.

    www.eccentric-behavior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Langit:Thank you dearest.. You should come by again, and I'll definately take you to her place, Hinke is really noice, shes got a bunch of other art pieces that youll probably find interesting.
    o yeaaa!! BTW Mewwy Cwistmas! hope you had a blast.. ;D
    And hows your plan for new years? I heard Schaveningen is awsome??


    @Shelly: Hi Shelly! NICE TO KNOW YA!!Thank you for spending the time to read my posts,
    I really love your illustrations and collages, theyre soo inspiring!! :D

    If you dont mind you can also add my facebook @ Nadya Victoryka
    Cheers from NL!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, thank you for the greeting. Have a warm holiday too (warm here doesn't associate with weather, it's about the ambience ^_^). For my old and new, I'll go to Amsterdam with my Surinaamse host family.

    ReplyDelete